Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day

We had a wonderful Mother's Day this year! We had some rather ambitious plans to make stepping stones this year. We didn't realize that they entail a lot of work, time, and are rather messy, but we had fun doing it. The kids loved making their very own stones and decorating them with rocks and sea shells, but they were most excited about putting their handprints into the stone. It sure was fun and we have some lovely stepping stones that you probably don't want to step on unless you want get stitches in the bottom of your foot :)

Dylann loved sorting the rocks.
Gage was very serious about making his perfect!
Looking very nice!

On Mother's Day morning I woke up to Gage coming into my room with a bowl of cereal. He was so proud to bring me breakfast in bed! Now he is telling me that I need to bring him cereal to eat in bed ha ha. After Gage got me my cereal he hopped into bed with me. Shortly after that Dylann got up and she came into bed with me too. We were having a great time being silly in bed while Dad was downstairs making the real breakfast. It was delicious!



After we all finally got out of bed and dressed we went up to the cities to go to the Children's Museum. It sure was fun. They had a dinosaur exhibit so the kids were excited to see that. Last year when we went to the Children's Museum Dylann had an ear infection and she didn't have much fun, but this year both of the kids just loved it.


Gage excited to see the Dinosaurs!


Dylann had to take it all in. It was a pretty big place!

Gage wanted me to put a snake on his cheek.
Dad put a rainbow on Dylann's cheek.
Knock knock, who's there.


Dylann shopping.
Gage shopping.

Gage thought this was the cop uniform, but it was the pilot uniform. Pretty close. Gage is determined to be a cop when he grows up. And every now and again he really sets his goals high and says that he is going to be a mall cop :)
Gage driving the bus.
Dad and Dylann going for a ride.

Where are we going?
Dylann is a construction worker.
Me and my kiddos!
Dylann was telling me how scary the dinosaurs are because they bite her jammas :) She has a vivid imagination.


Gage pretending to be a dinosaur.
Digging for dinosaur bones.
Checking out the scary T-Rex!
Dylann crawling through a log.
Dylann is a turtle!

Gage is leading the way through the cave.
You have to go this way Mommy!
Gage and Dylann pretending to be ants.
Exhausted after a long fun day!
I cherish every moment that I get with my kids especially on days like this when we get to make special memories. I just can't believe how fast they both are growing up. They are great kids with the most amazing imaginations and personalities. I wouldn't trade any of this for anything. I think back to when we were waiting for them to arrive in this world. They aren't anything like how I thought they would be, they are so much better. I love watching the amazement and pure joy and happiness in their eyes as they discover new things and go on new journeys. I just hope that I can show them new and amazing things to help them grow and be as amazing as they can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment